FYI, did this at 15:29:51 EDT against 9b2d7b65cf271e2b3b3616d427edf2688586a56c (which is the commit for RATIS-348)

On 10/11/18 3:17 PM, Jitendra Pandey wrote:
RATIS-348 is committed, so we are good to push new snapshot for this ozone
blocker.

On 10/11/18, 11:59 AM, "Josh Elser" <els...@apache.org> wrote:

     (pulling this out the vote thread to avoid confusion)
No problem, Anu. Happy to push a SNAPSHOT build of Ratis. On 10/11/18 2:56 PM, Anu Engineer wrote:
     > Would it be possible to do a full Ratis snap-shot release? So, we can
just consume all the changes with a single update on ozone side.
     > Sorry, I am just being a little selfish here, but it makes ozone’s life
little easier. Otherwise we will have to follow up with another release.

     > --Anu
     >

     > On 10/11/18, 11:44 AM, "Josh Elser" <els...@apache.org> wrote:
     >
     >      Hey Anu,
     >
     >      No need for me to wait around. This is just for the new thirdparty
repo
     >      -- not a release of ratis itself :)
     >
     >      On 10/11/18 2:31 PM, Anu Engineer wrote:
     >      > Hi Josh,
     >      >
     >      > Can you please include Ratis-348?, it fixes a critical issue for
Ozone. You might have to wait until the end of day to roll the build.
     >      >
     >      > Thanks
     >      > Anu
     >      >
     >      >
     >      > On 10/11/18, 11:26 AM, "Josh Elser" <els...@apache.org> wrote:
     >      >
     >      >      The only thing that the ASF releases is source code,
therefore the
     >      >      policy you're quoting isn't relevant. There is no
requirement to vote on
     >      >      binary artifacts that are created from that source release.
The
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#where-do-releases-go
https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases
     >      >      > - the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating"
in the filename; and
     >      >      > - the release archive MUST contain an Incubation
disclaimer (as
     >      >      > described in the previous section), clearly visible in the
main
     >      >      > documentation or README file.
     >      >      >
     >      >      > We don't have "incubating" in the rc0 filename and
DISCLAIMER seems
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheratis-1007/
     >      >      >
     >      >      > I guess we need a rc1?
     >      >      >
     >      >      > Tsz-Wo
     >      >      > On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:43 PM Josh Elser
<els...@apache.org> wrote:
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >> Thanks for the vote, Nicholas!
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >> On 10/10/18 10:43 PM, Tsz Wo Sze wrote:
     >      >      >>   > - untar and then "mvn install" does work for me.  It
won't work if we
     >      >      >>   > run a second "mvn install" without clean.  "mvn
install" works again
     >      >      >>   > after "mvn clean".  It seems not a problem.
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >> Will have to investigate what's going on.
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >>> Questions:
     >      >      >>> - Should we post a rc for the binary?
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >> I don't see any value for that, tbh. 99% of people are
not going to know
     >      >      >> this even exists and will get it via Maven. In another
line of thinking,
     >      >      >> the Maven repository I sent out "is" the binary release :)
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >>> - Now the project name becomes "Apache Ratis Thirdparty
Parent" (and
     >      >      >>> the gz file name) instead of "Apache Ratis Thirdparty".
It is a
     >      >      >>> little odd.  How about using "Apache Ratis Thirdparty"
for the root
     >      >      >>> module and "Apache Ratis Thirdparty Shaded" for the
sub-module?  I am
     >      >      >>> fine if we do the rename later.
     >      >      >>
     >      >      >> More than happy to revisit naming later on :). I wasn't
able to come up
     >      >      >> with a good name for our general Ratis dependencies module.
"Apache
     >      >      >> Ratis Thirdparty Shaded" is probably the forerunner, but
I don't feel