Since java 6, to solve some security issue I don't recall, the security manager
is loaded earlier with a default policy.   When it is loaded, also depends on
unpredictable lasy class loading, so since then, the best place to define the
security manager and policy is from the command line or script.

The qa test suite was modified to do just that when we started supporting java
6.

The examples aren't tested, so it's good to see they're getting some attention.