It may be worth thinking about the process for moving a network to 3.0.
Is there a practical strategy other than simultaneous update of the
entire network?

On 9/10/2015 9:55 AM, Dennis Reedy wrote:
I’m not sure this is about release notes. You seem quite keen on
getting 3.0 out the door, while I applaud the urgency, lets not dump
the baby out with the bath water. The net.jini namespace has not been
changed, the implementation of those interfaces has.

I should be able to discover a ServiceRegistrar started from 3.0 from
a 2.x client. The classes required should be dynamically downloaded
with the proxy. The change here that has been aded to jsk-platform
has resulted in classes (org.apache.river.api.util.ID for starters),
not being available. I’m not so sure this is good. It’s certainly not
a good thing for projects that may want to use existing tools for
discovery.

Regards

Dennis

On Sep 10, 2015, at 1242PM, Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>