I am not prepared to vote on this.

First of all, I would need, on a private list where we can go into details of security issues, to get a feeling for the seriousness of the flaws in question. A denial of service is, in many contexts, less serious than file corruption.

We may want to consider investigating the actual and proposed use-cases for River before deciding this.

Do you feel any of the security flaws in question are release-blockers for River 3.0? How long would fixing them first delay the release?