Hi Dennis,

Good to hear from you.

The truth is, I'm no build expert, Dan is much more capable than I am, so I'm waiting to hear Dan's opinion on Gradle, it certainly looks good.

Would you be interested in helping to create a Gradle build?

Something else I've been thinking about is you once proposed to integrate Rio with River, by the time I saw the proposal it had unfortunately already been shot down.   I was wondering if you were still interested in doing that?    If so, what do others on the list think about it?

I think these are good suggestions, but we'll need some help with presentation and communication.   I'm low level infrastructure focused, not so much at the application level.

River's potential future strong points with IPv6 will be secure end to end dynamic discovery.   The tide seems to be turning for dynamic code, which was both a strength and an Achilles heel, is now looking a lot less like an Achillies heel and more like a strength again as originally envisioned.  Unfortunately today Android and Apple iOS and not really supportable as Jini clients, so I have doubts about consumer IOT, I think we might be better suited to industrial IoT, time will tell.   We will have the only pure Java Object based remote invocation framework that can integrate properly with OSGi, when support for it is added.   I think we've had much longer to understand problems with distributed computing and are overcoming them now.

I'll reply some more later, given time to think some more...

Regards,

Peter.