Glen,

The validator does not work,

ERROR 2014-06-09 13:55:47,277 CommonsLogger:error - Caught exception while
org/apache/roller/weblogger/ui/struts2/editor/EntryAdd-validation.xml
http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-validator-1.0.2.dtd - Class:
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection

the dtd on the struts validation.xml files needs to be changed to match the
one on the version of struts uses ie

<!DOCTYPE validators PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Struts//XWork Validator 1.0.3//EN"
        "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/xwork-validator-1.0.3.dtd";>

##

struts.xml :

<interceptor-ref name="params">
                  <param name="excludeParams">dojo\..*</param>
                </interceptor-ref>

<interceptor-ref name="params">
                    <param
name="excludeParams">^action:.*,^method:.*</param>
                </interceptor-ref>

####

There are some other warnings also, but not that important,