Hello Rollers,

just wanted to mention that before I updated roller to use latest apache lucene, I tried to update apache velocity, but had to give up fairly early on.

The problem was that the build is using the texen ant task of velocity 1.7* to generate the db scripts and velocity 2.1 doesn't provide this package anymore. Looks like roller is stuck with 1.7 for now unless the build is changed to use freemarker for the db scripts or some other solution is found.

btw spring security would need some renovating too. Its two major versions behind.

*https://github.com/apache/velocity-engine/tree/1.7.x/src/java/org/apache/velocity/texen

best regards,

michael