See the Adobe docs: [1][2]

I think the functionality you are looking forward is supported by the
compiler.  The compiler already has a set of options that dictate what
bundles are "inline" in the app and I think they can be re-used to output
different things.

[ResourceBundle] metadata tells the compiler which bundles to link.  The
compiler's -locale option dictates which language bundles for the
[ResourceBundles] it saw when linking the app need to be baked into the
app.  Separately, the ResourceManager in regular Flex has a way to load a
SWF of other bundles.  The compiler has options to build a SWF with
certain bundles.

For JS, JSON might be a good format for a "ResourceModule".

I've seen the packages be accepted by Flash Builder on both Mac and
Windows.  There's a separate thread about when to merge packaging into
develop, and how to do the "big rename".

Later,
-Alex

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084