We use FileReference a lot in our Flex apps (data import functionalities,
export functionalities).

With FP, it has been possible (since FP 11 if I am correct) to have local read
and write access (provided the access is "controlled" by a dialog that the user
has to validate) from the user's drive to the app (and vice versa).

As I understand it, there is no provision in JS for app local file read access
: you have to upload the local file to the HTTP server, and then back
(download) into the app.
However, there is local write access from the app to the local hard drive.

Is this correct ?

Nicolas Granon