On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.invalid> wrote:

> Can you remind me what the issues are with npm and nightly builds?  IOW, I
> would think we would want to automate the generation of the HPM release so
> it can go out with the regular Apache release artifacts and be tested as
> an RC by release voters.

I don't think there is any issue.  Those who want to test out the nightly
via npm, need to a few special steps before they run npm install.  Josh
added that functionality a while ago.
We are talking about the official release so we can push the package out to
the npm registry.

We could also publish alpha/beta releases to npm as well.

> We already need to synchronize the generation and deployment of Maven
> artifacts as well as the Ant/IDE artifacts.  Can we add NPM as well?

Yes, we should be able to incorporate an npm publish command into our
release scripts.  Do you know at what point in the whole release process we
will be able to update npm?

If we dont change the installation steps, we would need the following
pieces in the package.json file:

"org_apache_flex": {
"flexjs_path_binary": "flex/flexjs/0.8.0/binaries/",
"flexjs_file_name": "apache-flex-flexjs-0.8.0-bin.zip",
"falcon_path_binary": "flex/falcon/0.8.0/binaries/",
"falcon_file_name": "apache-flex-falconjx-0.8.0-bin.zip",
"flash_player_global_url": "
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/25/";,
"flash_player_global_file_name": "playerglobal25_0.swc",
"adobe_air_url": "http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/25.0/";,
"adobe_air_file_name": "AdobeAIRSDK.zip",
"player_version": "25.0",
"swf_version": "36",
"swf_object_url": "http://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/";,
"swf_object_file_name": "2.2.zip",
"flatui_url": "https://github.com/designmodo/Flat-UI/archive/";,
"flatui_file_name": "2.2.2.zip"
}

Then, we up the version number and do a npm publish.  The release manager
would need to have the credentials for npmjs.org, but we could share that
with priv...@royale.apache.org

Thanks,
Om