Update:  I have the UI hooked up.  It's starting to resemble a real app now
:-)

Erik, can I haz the VM details, please?  I would like to deploy this
somewhere so folks can take a look.

Olaf, do I have your permission to commit this code into the Apache github
repo?  Once I put that in, more folks can start contributing.

Thanks,
Om