A good workflow would be as follows:

* Create your personal branch off of the `develop` branch
* Make all your commits directly to your personal branch
* When you are ready to share your work to the world, create a Pull Request
from your branch to `develop`
* This will let others look at and review your changes.
* Now, you are a committer, that means that you can simply merge that Pull
Request yourself.

Earlier, when you were not a committer, you had to wait for one of us to do
the last step, i.e. merge the Pull Request.

Thanks,
Om