I've been playing around with the tool: GitBook [www.gitbooks.io]
I was able to connect my personal fork of the royale-docs to my gitbooks.io
account.  This way, all my .md files are automatically available for Docs
creation.

Here is an example I created in a few minutes:
https://bigosmallm.gitbooks.io/royale-docs-test2/content/v/develop/Create%20An%20Application.html

The advantages I see using this tool are:

* Seems to be a widely used tool for documentation these days.  NPMjs.org,
React, Redux, etc. use Gitbook
* Two way sync between github and gitbook app.  That is, you can create an
.md file on github and see it on gitbook.  You can also create more content
using the WYSIWYG editor on Gitbook, which will be synced to the github
repo.
* Seems pretty straightforward to create a TOC.  It includes support for
tree structure by default
* We can choose to use the web app on gitbook.com or use the open
source(Apache V2 licensed | https://github.com/GitbookIO/gitbook) command
line tool.  The CLI will help us integrate with our Jenkins build for
example.
* Allows users to provide feedback on the site itself
* Allows us to point the docs site to our custom domain address

If there is more interest in trying this out, I can set up an Organization
account (free) and add users as needed.

Thanks,
Om