1. I will consider #1. There might be a way to inject those values.
2. The only thing I’ve done with LayoutBase is remove code on the JS side.
Measurement is *NOT* assumed. Not sure what you mean here.
3. Beads are not a bad idea, but I’d really like to find a cheaper way of
getting beads by type than we currently have.