Hi,

(renaming to this thread since is not related directly to the old one and
is more a "doc" email)

To setup a theme in jewel, the best is look at JewelExample's pom.xml. I
think Alex already make the ANT's files needed to this.
IDE should have some way to achieve this like in Flex. I think this was
made using -theme like in flex. Please look in the list for "-theme" since
I can recall this is how the compiler consume the styles.

About how I set up in MAVEN:

We have a "master" Theme:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
<artifactId>JewelTheme</artifactId>
<version>0.9.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
<type>swc</type>
<scope>theme</scope>
<classifier>js</classifier>
</dependency>

This theme is the one that can create all the combinations of other themes,
changing variables in *_themes.sass*

//Theme variables (Flat/No Flat - Dark/Light - Primary/Secondary/Emphasized
Color
$flat: false
$dark: false
$primary-color: $blue
$secondary-color: $topaz
$emphasized-color: $emerald

So if you set flat to "true", you'll get the generated css flat, and if you
change $blue to $amethyst, should get sass calculate the right colors to
get the final CSS, finaly $dark will make theme dark or light.

To avoid people need to use SASS, I decided to create all possible compiled
versions. Right now I just committed the half. I still have to create the
other half themes.

So instead of use the above and generate the final css with SASS, people
not using SASS, can change for :

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
<artifactId>Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Primary-Blue-Theme</artifactId>
<version>0.9.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
<type>swc</type>
<scope>theme</scope>
<classifier>js</classifier>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
<artifactId>Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Secondary-Topaz-Theme</artifactId>
<version>0.9.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
<type>swc</type>
<scope>theme</scope>
<classifier>js</classifier>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.royale.framework</groupId>
<artifactId>Jewel-Light-NoFlat-Emphasized-Emerald-Theme</artifactId>
<version>0.9.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
<type>swc</type>
<scope>theme</scope>
</dependency>

and that will make you use the three pieces needed. Normaly people will use
in this three ones the same configuration of dark-flat, and you can then
use the color combination you want between primary, secondary and
emphasized.

Note that all this themes use JewelTheme code as a master theme to generate
the corresponding CSS

in the final app all this style rules will be merged into one thanks to the
royale compiler processing.

One more thing, we have as in MDL the use of an html template:

<htmlTemplate>
${basedir}/target/javascript/bin/js-debug/jewel-example-index-template.html
</htmlTemplate>

but only to get the FONT:

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:400,700"; rel=
"stylesheet">

I expect at some time we can remove that need since we implement one of the
options Alex expose for the incorporation of different fonts, hopefully
soon.

There's no more needs, hope this clear better how to use Jewel.

Thanks

Carlos