Chris,

If you don't need SWF and you are only interested JS you need to download
JS only Royale SDK. Otherwise you should follow those instructions [1][2],
which are talking about js-swf version of Royale. In general if you choose
that package it is your responsibility download playerglobal etc and put it
in the place.

As for your question related to mobile. No there is no such type of
project, but it doesn't have to be. You need to create "Browser Project" in
Moonshine once you have it - In order to run it on mobile you need to use
Apache Cordova [2] to package application on mobile.

However we didn't invest too much time to check all of that. In downloaded
SDK you have folder examples [4], where you can see how we did it.
Packaging is probably happen through ant script build.xml.

[1]
https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/Welcome/Get_Started/Download-Royale.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Moonshine-IDE
[3] https://cordova.apache.org/