I'm not sure how it can be "self-documenting". Beads can be re-used by any
strand.  Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.  There is no way for the
bead author to list all strands it is known to work on, nor is the a way for a
strand to list all beads that will work with it.  You can write up a list of
what you know at the time, but it will get stale and require lots of energy to
maintain.  I have the same concern for a list in our docs as well.  I think it
will get stale and not describe the full range of possibilities.

I feel like you didn't really state the fundamental question.  What problem are
they actually running into?  IOW, are they really looking for a list of
assumptions or invariants a bead has?  That might be describable at author
time.  Could it be discovered by the compiler so that is self-documenting?  Not
sure about that.  We could list the interface dependencies or something like
that.

Many folks write code by trial-and-error, and beads were meant to be easy to
add and remove.  Try it, oops, it doesn't work, try another one.

Also keep in mind that ASDoc is an app for Royale so we can add more asdoc tags
and filter and do other visualizations on those tags.

My 2 cents,
-Alex