Hi,
an application framework has to provide binding these days but I sometimes
think that this binding thing is a bit overrated.
Even if it's convenience for the developer to just add some binding
expressions there are a lot of cases where we can just do a direct
assignment with one line of code.

With Flex we've learned to use Binding carefully because of the overhead.

Thanks to Alex explanation [1] we've learned that the binding implementation
in Royale is more lightweight than in Flex.

However, I am just interested in your opinion about binding and whether we
should apply the same recommendations for Royale as for Flex or if the
Royale implementation is lightweight enough to always use binding without
any concerns.

Thanks,
Olaf

[1]