Does configname make any difference in your IDE?  Maybe the IDE doesn't support
it.  The compiler output should switch to saying it is loading flex-config
instead of royale-config.

The change you made to royale-config-template re-introduces the problem I was
trying to fix.  IMO, you should make a local change in a branch instead of
reverting my commits.

I recommend that you compare the set of manifests loaded by flex-config vs
royale-config.  It looks like some are missing.  And you are welcome to make
another config.xml for your combination.  The problem with having "everything"
in a -config.xml is that it can add too many options to code-hinting.

HTH,
-Alex