Hi Carlos,

Comments inline.

śr., 12 gru 2018 o 10:44 Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
napisał(a):

> Hi Piotr,
>
> This month Greg and I made some changes to get selectedIndex and
> selectedItem work in List, ComboBox and DropDownList. Since Navigation is a
> List in essence, is involved in this changes. We should see how to avoid
> the duplicated event without lost the current workflow that now is working
> properly like it was in flex days. Was hard to reach to that point.
>
> About options, we already have a bead to dispatch a change event on startup
> in our project that we must pass to Jewel library. But I think is not what
> we want here. We want setting selectedIndex/selectedItem in mxml should put
> the component in proper state. I think that's what you refer when talk
> about getting to work "programmatically" right?

*Generally yes those actions should put component in proper state, but I
just feeling that those state should not be achieved through model which
dispatch "change" event. "change" event is to tell user that someone
interact with component from UI. If developer interacting through code
selectedIndexChanged and selectedItemChanged should probably come with
help.*

> Basically I think we have all needed beads in place, So I'll try the
> removal option. But I think that event was copied from Basic version, so
> maybe is right (can ensure right now). You can try to do it yourself. You
> should check Jewel Example (Tour de Jewel) and specially List, ComboBox and
> DropDownList sections along Navigation (that is used in the drawer) and
> check you don't see regressions when doing changes. See how the examples
> behave actually, and since debugger now works perfectly, you can put break
> points to see where's the problem and how to diagnose the right solution.

*Yes ArrayListSelectionModel is essentially copy of Basic one, but you have
added there code which dispatch "change" event plus property which
generally allows you to do this or not (dispatchChangeOnDataProviderChange)
- That whole part even if should exists - should be probably exposed to
separate bead. *
*I'm surprised that you don't have any problems using in your applications
Bead for dispatch "change" event +  ListSingleSelectionMouseController (it
also dispatch that event) + model - All are able to dispatch change in
almost the same cases!*

*Ok I think I will have to work on that with all cautious to current code.*

--

Piotr Zarzycki