I’ll let Om or someone else with docker experience tell us if this [1] is
relevant.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/beli/firefox-flash/

________________________________
From: Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:05:54 AM
To: dev@royale.apache.org
Subject: Re: 0.9.6 Release

I don't anything about docker, but in 15 minutes of reading I ran into this:
https://www.channelfutures.com/open-source/when-not-to-use-docker-understanding-the-limitations-of-containers

Which says: Docker can't " Run applications with graphical interfaces".  If you
want Royale to use Docker for releases, show that it can run checkintests with
Flash and the Browser.  Then I will look into it more.

The highest level goal is to make it as easy as possible for someone to
volunteer to be an RM.  Any requirement of "install this (Docker, etc) on your
computer" is, IMO, another barrier to entry.  Yeah, RMs will have to have Maven
installed and maybe Ant, but you should already have those installed to be a
committer/PMC member.

That said, a good takeaway from the Docker idea is to try to find a way to make
an "Image" of whatever we end up with on whatever server we end up using so if
the image can be copied and used on other servers.  I'm not exactly sure how to
do that with Azure, which hosts my CI server.  I will spend a few more minutes
researching that.

I could not quickly find any way to get a free VM on Azure or AWS that isn't a
free-trial-start-paying-after-a-year.  So, unless someone comes up with a free
server we can use "forever", I'm going to just start with my Azure VM.

-Alex