I am sure others will have seen this already... 502 error for junit jar
download in ant build.

I don't know whether search.maven.org will be fixed or not, but if anyone
needs to get the ant build 'working' quickly locally, I was able to do that
via the following change in the two downloads.xml/junit-download-jar inside
the compiler repo:

            <!--<param name="srcUrl" value="
https://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=junit/junit/4.10"/>-->
            <param name="srcUrl" value="
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/junit/junit/4.10"/>

I have no idea what the 'correct' solution is here. I just used that to get
it working locally for me... sharing that in case it helps anyone else.