'The latests compiler changes have really taken a LOT of my time'

Sorry to hear that, I have been there myself in the past. Can I check: is
this still related to Vector?
The docs also explain ways to switch off the other newer things (such as
the implicit casts: js-complex-implicit-coercions, for example), in case
that makes a difference.