Hi Alex,

your concerns about Crux name applies to the others like Basic or Jewel
(just to name a few). If I search for "Jewel js" in google I get various
Jewel libraries (same for Basic js). What makes Jewel appropriate for us is
that is an internal name (internal branding) we use to refer to that
concrete part of the entire Royale framework, so in then end is not about
"jewel" for folks here their brain knows that we are talking all the time
about "Apache Royale Jewel". One more thing we add using this kind of names
is: 1) Names that has some marketing, and we can create icons, or more (it
will be hard for me create a icon for FlexJS or SwizRoyale), 2) short names
with some meaning inside the ecosystem and relation with a set of words
that shares some meaning root. And moreover, since we changed to Royale
name we are doing all the things in the same line of action what makes the
naming decisions in Royale follow a strategy. It would be not consistent to
come back to older name strategy like FlexJS or SwizRoyale. We should
follow what we started and continue in that line.

I must say I never thought in MXRoyale and SparkRoyale naming, since it was
a work in progress that started to grow in Royale progressively and I was
focused in other parts. For that cases, we could bring other names or not.
I must say that I didn't take much time to think about it conceptually. We
could do or not depending on what you want to do in that part.

For Jewel, we didn't thought about it so much. I remember I started with
other codename, but very soon I renamed and shared to Jewel explaining the
motivations, thoughts, and meaning of that name. But, we didn't some king
of name process for it

In the case of Crux. I think it could not be "Crux",I like for the
shortness and meaning, but could be other better options. What I don't like
is bring as "Swiz" or "SwizRoyale". The first because is not Swiz (as I
explained Swiz is for Flex) and SwizRoyale is for me very long and does not
have a meaning inside of what we are doing with the rest of Royale naming
decision and marketing (making it very difficult to brand along with the
rest of Royale parts for marketing and web).

just my 2

Carlos