When I was first implementing source maps, I remember running into an issue
where a use of stringifyNode() was messing them up. I don't remember the
exact details, but I think I had to shift some of the logic around to get
the mappings into the correct order. If that's right, then yes,
stringifyNode() will create mappings.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>