You need to compile the SWC with both the SWF target and the JS/JSRoyale
target at the same time. On the command line, it would be specified like
this:

-targets=SWF,JSRoyale

Basically, it's two compilation passes. The first pass compiles the
bytecode used by the compiler/IDEs. The second pass compiles to JS and
injects the generated files into the existing SWC.

The one tricky thing is setting up the compiler options correctly. The SWF
target normally has COMPILE::SWF set to true and COMPILE::JS set to false.
However, since this SWC is for JS, you need to do the opposite. Similarly,
library-path/external-library-path options should include the correct
framework SWCs for JS.

If you look at how the framework's JS SWCs are compiled by Ant, they
basically do exactly this. For example, frameworks/js/projects/BasicJS. It
looks like they use -load-config (with = instead of +=) with js-config.xml
and then add the framework SWCs to the external-library-path manually.

-load-config=${ROYALE_HOME}/frameworks/js-config.xml

I think that Alex is the one who set up this workflow, so if he's around,
he might have some more insights.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>