After you compile royale-asjs-fork, do you close and restart VSCode? The
vscode-as3mxml extension will not automatically detect changes to .swc
files inside your current SDK.

Alternatively, instead of fully restarting VSCode, you can also run the
"ActionScript: Restart ActionScript/MXML server" command.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>