>1) It looks like they built without playerglobal.swc, but they are
comparing to a build that used playerglobal.swc

Is that because they didn't use the option-with-swf option?

>2) The emitHeader() method in JBurgGenerator adds the current date to a
comment:

I looked at the validation script in compiler/releasesteps.xml and it looks
like there is no comparison of sources.jar, which is what they tested for
(namely compiler-0.9.10-sources.jar). Only binary jars get validated.

Are *sources jars uploaded solely for debugging convenience? If so, can we say
that those should not be tested for reproducibility?