De: Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@bowlerhat.dev>
Enviado el: martes, 23 de abril de 2024 0:55
Para: dev@royale.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Align the FontAwesome5Type class with the latest 5x version

Personally, I usually just push all of my commits to develop without any
cleanup. I don't like changing history in Git, even if it is messy.
However, I know many others like to clean up their changes to look nicer.
Everyone has their own preferences.

It is possible to "squash" multiple commits together into one commit by using
Git's powerful "rebase" feature. Rebasing can be useful when you are working on
a separate branch, and want to simplify your changes before merging that branch
into develop.

Here's an article that I found that seems like a pretty good introduction to
rebasing:

https://medium.com/@slamflipstrom/a-beginners-guide-to-squashing-commits-with-git-rebase-8185cf6e62ec

Be careful when rebasing, though. You nevert want to change any Git history
that has already been pushed to develop because that could mess with others who
have pulled them already. Rebasing should be used only for commits that don't
yet exist on the branch that you intend to merge into.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>