re Jenkins server, yes. https://builds.apache.org

Assuming it hasn't changed since I was involved, GSoC should be a programming task that a student could accomplish in ~3months with a strong weekly effort (I'm not sure if it's quantified in hrs/week).

Some examples from 2015:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/shuxiong/5796788510392320

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/radu_manole/5668600916475904

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/adperezmorales3/5717271485874176

I was pulling these from https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2015

Puja Valiyil wrote:
I don't think setting up some Jenkins jobs would be difficult.  There's a nice
GUI for Jenkins that guides you through it and since we cleaned up the poms
recently it should be straight forward.
Does apache have a Jenkins server we could use?

Sent from my iPhone