Yay. If I can offer my $0.02:

* As you go through the process the first time, update the website immediately. Every little step you do, write it down (this will make sure that you're not the only person to be able to make a release). * Automate as much as you possibly can. Ideally, your process should be `mvn release:prepare && mvn release:perform` as a Maven project.
* Try to take some help from other projects [1], [2], [3] for starters.
* Ask questions if you get stuck :)

- Josh

[1] http://accumulo.apache.org/releasing.html
[2] http://accumulo.apache.org/verifying_releases.html
[3] http://nifi.apache.org/release-guide.html

Aaron D. Mihalik wrote:
Josh/Venkatesh: I'll take RM for our first release. David put a lot of
effort in researching this process, so I'll look through his notes over the
weekend, start the process, and ping the dev list with questions.

Thanks again for your help.

--Aaron