Oops, this thread was supposed to be subject RYA-177
RYA-179 is corrections to Rya source file license headers.

Jim, do you know when GeoMesa plans to be completely free of GeoTools ?
Clearly Geotools is an obstacle for Apache projects to use LocationTech
projects, or at least GeoMesa.
Or is there another path forward for GeoMesa?