+1 fix it before the next RC

We'll inconvenience some users now, but I'd rather fix it now, before the
pool of users grows much larger.

The issue being that we have a number pull request outstanding, and it
would break those pull requests. So we're somewhat inconveniencing
ourselves.

We had some discussion before we moved it to Apache, and decided to hold
off until after the move to Apache.

--Aaron