hi,

my 2 cents:

since this might look a little easier than it is in reality i'd give my +1
to a feature branch (4.0.0).
=> rather take a little more time and upgrade more deps and test
thoroughly.. note that you might scare
away NEW installations with old dependencies.. (when i first installed i'd
thought i'd rather upgrade deps myself than installing a five year old HDFS)

notes:

1. for us at semantic-web.com it would be really important to have the
latest rdf4j version
    (note: we're upgrading to 2.3. due to some critical rdf4j 2.2* bug in
our product)
2. there won't be any backwards compatibility with respect to the
requirement of having to install accumulo/hdfs, mongo anew..
    (note: we were testing our installation with accumulo 1.8.1 + hadoop
2.9.5 on DC/OS and with a relatively new version of mongo on premise).
    (note: later accumulo versions depend on a newer libthrift version,
which requires a knowledgeable person to take a look)

kr jürgen

[1] https://semver.org/

*Jürgen Jakobitsch*
Innovation Director
Semantic Web Company GmbH
EU: +43-14021235 <+43%201%204021235>
US: (415) 800-3776
Mobile: +43-676-6212710 <+43%20676%206212710>
https://www.poolparty.biz
https://www.semantic-web.com

*Download now
<https://www.poolparty.biz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IDC_Paper_How_Semantic_Technologies_Steer_Cognitive_Applications.pdf>
**IDC
White Paper*
*Get certified! <https://www.poolparty.biz/academy/> **PoolParty Academy*

*PoolParty selected as a KMWorld Trend-Setting Product for 2017*

PERSONAL INFORMATION