On 2018/11/05 20:39:48, Justin Mclean <jmcl...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the original discussion [1] on the private list (over 2 years ago!).
> I'm surprised these people have kept on with the project. While not as formal
> as what some projects do (having a formal VOTE thread), it's up to each PPMC
> to decide (and hopefully document) on how to appoint committers and it looks
> like the consensus was to add the people discussed. I suggest you have a
> discussion on the @private list and if there's no PPMC objections (seem
> unlikely) just go ahead and add them as committers perhaps with an apology
> for taking so long.

I was a bit surprised at the voting result announcement today because I
couldn't find any "[VOTE] ..." messages for those two committer candidates.
Even if it [1] is a guideline and (P)PMC might want to have a different
process, I don't see any good reasons to avoid an official voting call per
candidate. I think it is better to follow the guideline for committer
invitations.

Another thing is, if 2 years already passed and if we're concerned whether the
candidate is still interested in or not, then I think a PPMC member should
kindly contact them to ask if they're still willing to join by e-mail with
CC'ing private@. If we get a positive answer form a candidate, it seems best to
start a voting call for the candidate only.

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] https://community.apache.org/newcommitter.html