Hi Lukas,
My reply to your question was stuck in draft.. :( Pasting it below just for
reference. You are right. I guess your option is to create a symlink.

*Thanks for clarifying that you are not using Yarn. *

*In Samza container implementation, we don't seem to allow any
configuration related to the directory path for the state stores. Not sure
about the story behind this. But by default, the path will be set to
System.getenv("user.dir")/state/${TaskName}/*

*Check this line
->
https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/0.9.0/samza-core/src/main/scala/org/apache/samza/container/SamzaContainer.scala#L374
<https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/0.9.0/samza-core/src/main/scala/org/apache/samza/container/SamzaContainer.scala#L374>*

*To answer your question, there is no configuration, as of today, that
allows you to specify the directory path for the state stores.*

Regards,
Navina

--
Navina R.