Hey David,

Yes, the config is rewritten by the JobRunner each time the job is
restarted as dictated by the "resetJobConfig" property (which defaults to
true) here:
https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/944dd02e1d00bcce59f1fcc33ecbb2a8acd95870/samza-core/src/main/scala/org/apache/samza/job/JobRunner.scala#L85

The version parameter is not the version of the config, but the version of
the coordinator stream protocol. It will only increment if there's a change
to the way Samza reads/writes coordinator stream messages.

-Jake