I prefer to have open discussions in the official mailing list or JIRA
since it is an open-community. It also helps track the discussions.

Fwiw, I am in favor of the red themed butterfly design because:
1. Knowing the origin of the name "Samza" (from Gregor Samsa character in
"Metamorphosis"), it isn't very far-fetched in terms of relating stream
processing to some kind of transformation. Butterfly is probably the
prettiest insect to associate with "metamorphosis", without giving the
impression of a bug :)
2. Red theme ties it with the current logo, although we can improvise on
the gradients.
3. We can have a "mascot" , instead of an abstract symbol.

One comment on the butterfly one - it seems to have only 1 antenna.

-1 for the dots only logo. It feels like a color-blindness test :D
-1 for the blue-based logo - it is just not relatable and it's an extreme
change from the current one.

I couldn't relate to the circular one. What are are trying to portray/imply
here. That we are a bunch of disconnected links?

Thanks!
Navina