I'm pleased to announce that the Samza PMC has voted to invite Rayman &
Bharath as committers, and they have accepted.

Please join us in congratulating them on this recognition!

A quick summary of their accomplishments..

*Rayman *
Ray has been driving multiple improvements to Samza for stateful
applications. He built a state-replication feature for quicker failure
recovery (aka "Hot standby containers
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-19%3A+Hot+standby+state+for+Samza+applications>").
His work on parallel restore
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CHJl7K9QE3eB2QQPklwn76k8WvUQLqf-/view> to
RocksDb reduces our bootstrap times considerably. In addition to being the
release-master for the Samza 1.0
<https://engineering.linkedin.com/blog/2018/11/samza-1-0--stream-processing-at-massive-scale>
release, he improved Samza's operability
<https://github.com/apache/samza-hello-samza/pull/43>with his work on the
"Diagnostics" feature.

*Bharath*
Bharath has a history of contributing multiple impactful features to Samza.
His contributions include "side-input" stores, in-memory streams
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=71013043>
to enable unit-testing, stability enhancements to Samza-standalone and
our upgrade
<https://github.com/apache/samza/pull/951>to Kafka 2.0. In addition to
shepherding a successful 0.14 release, he also designed and built our
async-high-level
API
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-21%3A+Samza+Async+API+for+High+Level>
.

Thank you Ray and Bharath for your contributions. We look forward to more :)

--
Jagadish V
(for the Apache Samza PMC)