HI, Malcolm,

The configuration should be in *_coordinator_* topic. If your configuration
of cleanup policy for this topic is compact only, you should not lose the
configuration. If your configuration on this topic is a combination of
compact + time retention (i.e. newer Kafka version on the broker side
enabled this feature), you may lose your configuration.

-Yi