- Apache Samza is a distributed stream processing engine that are highly
  configurable to process events from various data sources, including
  real-time messaging system (e.g. Kafka) and distributed file systems (e.g.
  HDFS).

## Issues:
- No issues requires board attention

## Membership Data:
Apache Samza was founded 2015-01-22 (5 years ago)
There are currently 26 committers and 16 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Boris Shkolnik on 2019-06-06.
- No new committers. Last addition was Rayman Preet Singh on 2019-07-08.

## Project Activity:
- New version 1.3 was released on 12/05/2019
- New features via SEPs (i.e. Samza Enhancement Proposals) are proposed
continuously.
    In the last quarter, there are 4 new SEPs.

## Community Health:
- We continue engage with new users via the Q&A on dev email lists.
- We have Samza talks in many Conferences:
    Strange Loop - Riding the Stream Processing Wave
    Apache Beam Summit (Berlin) - Streaming Pipelines at Scale with Apache
Beam and Samza
    ApacheCon North America - Samza 1.0: How we scaled stream processing at
LinkedIn
    ApacheCon North America - Samza Portable Runner for Beam
    KubeCon North America - Running Apache Samza on Kubernetes
- We have organized meetups with the following Samza Talks:
    Sunnyvale - Stream Processing in Python with Samza and Beam
    Sunnyvale - Apache Samza 1.0: Recent Advances and our plans for future
in Stream Processing
    Seattle - Scalable Stream Processing with Apache Samza

If the above report looks good, I will submit today.

Thanks a lot!

-Yi