OK. If I understand correctly, your answer is the following:
yarn.resources.* configuration variables are used by YARN localizer to make
API and infrastructure classpath available, together with the application's
own classpath, which is also determined by the YARN localizer.
The question here is: how do we let the container JVM know the
API/infrastructure classpaths when launching the container processes? If
the API and infrastructure classpaths (i.e. installation path determined by
the localizer) are customizable, then we would need to tell the container
JVM those API/infra classpaths via some configuration variables as well,
right? Hence, those configuration variable names need to be understood by
the Samza application's code (which is run within the container) as well.
If not, what's the mechanism that we will use to let the container JVM
process to know where the YARN localizer has put API/infra classpaths?

Thanks!

-Yi