Hello,

I am currently trying to execute my Beam Pipelines using the Samza Runner. I am using processing time triggers for calculating early results for my larger windows. However i am getting the following error: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: class org.apache.beam.runners.samza.SamzaRunner currently only supports event time. Looking at the capability matrix of Beam(https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/), it looks like processing time should be supported. I could not find a documentation, for the exact supported features for the different runner versions. I am using the version 2.22.0 for the Samza Runner but also tried 2.25.0 and got the same error. When i tried to upgrade to 2.27.0 I got the following error: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: BundleFinalizer unsupported in Samza. This happens whenever i use KafkaIO to read from Kafka. Even when i tried a Pipeline that did nothing except reading from Kafka.

The trigger that caused the exception is the following: .
triggering(Repeatedly.forever(
AfterProcessingTime.pastFirstElementInPane()
.plusDelayOf(Duration.standardSeconds(1))))
.accumulatingFiredPanes());

Running the pipeline with the Direct Runner worked fine. Which version is the latest stable version of the Samza Runner and does it support processing time triggers?

With many thanks,

Jan