Hi,

This a small bug I ran into while browsing the source for something else. Not
sure if it deserves a JIRA even (let me know and I will submit one if needed)

In \src\main\java\org\apache\xml\security\utils\XMLUtils.java there is the
following snippet:

public static void outputDOM(Node contextNode, OutputStream os,
                                boolean addPreamble) {

      try {
         if (addPreamble) {
            os.write("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n".getBytes());
         }

getBytes() is used which returns the platform encoding but the output XML is
specified as UTF-8. Therefore .getBytes("UTF-8") should be used.

Since this has been in the code forever and encryption or signature nodes are
(probably) all standard 7 bit ASCII, this is not a big deal but it's nice to
put the correct code in it when someone from the devs is doing a commit.

George