Hi Wojciech,

I just read (http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~04grycwo/overview.pdf) and began thinking on your ideas.

Basically you are right, we need both methods: for advanced users and for beginners. That's my point, too.

Regarding your concerns with importing the R-output back into Calc, I do admit that there are some problems and issues to discuss. I will try to think of the best solution.

Until then, I can give you some useful tips:

1. lets say we perform some calculations in R and store the output in a new variable, e.g.
   x <- fisher.test(matrix(c(40,60,30,70),2))
   then we can get the output by typing at the prompt:> x
    OR
   we can get the length of the return object:
    :> length(x)
    <output> 7
and get every element individually from this output: (iterate through x[[1]] -> x[[7]] )
   :> x[[1]]
   <output>> [1] 0.1819324 (this is the p-value)

2. I imagine statistical functions as belonging to 2 large groups (this is NOT necessarily accurate BUT useful here):
   a.) those that report a p-value as the main result
        - this is usually the first value (aka x[[1]])
b.) those that perform more complex actions, like a multivariate model, or a resampling, or graphic

These latter functions will be more difficult to deal with. But lets stick now to the first group.

Hope this is helpful. I will try to work up a solution for the rest.

Sincerely,

Leonard

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to