Hi os-yunjingtao,

On Monday, 2007-07-23 10:59:48 +0800, os-yunjingtao wrote:

> Does 'c' have any special
> meaning when we name something or Is 'c' related to any convention in
> R1C1

As the "name" R1C1 reference style may suggest, the C stands for column
as R stands for row. A reference R1C1 would designate row 1 column 1,
identical to the cell address A1. An expression C1 refers the entire
column 1, a C without a number the very same column the formula resides
in, so if positioned in cell B5 you entered =R1C it refers to the first
row in that column, cell address B1. Hence =C creates a circular formula
dependency, but still is a valid reference expression.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 Please don't send personal mail to this [EMAIL PROTECTED] account, which I use