Hi Cor,

the problem is not the missing linked file, at least not with OOo2.3. The problem is the unsorted search vector used with the VLOOKUP functions in column H. Excel requires a sorted search vector for the vlookup as used in the column as well as Calc do. At least they require this in the help for the function. So they break the own rules.

The problem can be solved either by sorting the search vector or setting the parameter (zero or false) for unsorted search vectors in the vlookup formula.

Frank

Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi *,

I've been asked my opinion about a nasty problem, described here [1].
An Excel file does not show all correct values in OOo.

The final analyses (on the forum):
- the xls file contains reference to another spreadsheet;
- the another spreadsheet is not available;
- Excel viewer is able to show the right values;
- OOo is not.

So it looks as if the Excel viewer uses some data in the file, that OOo
does not.

I cannot find anything about that in IssueTracker. Also at [EMAIL PROTECTED] no reply.

Does anyone know this problem?
Is there an issue describing it?

Thanks,
Cor