Hi YunJingtao,

On Thursday, 2007-11-15 17:13:34 +0800, YunJingtao wrote:

> aLogicEdit is to show the area of hyperlink with mouse,when the text is
> beyond the cell border, border of aLogicEdit has to be coordinated with cell.
>
> the coordinates of text and mouse are different, and it leads to the
> result.Findings is shown in ImpEditEngine::GetChar.
>
> the original position of text is up to aPaperSize and nTextWidth,
> position of mouse is up to aTempView and OutputArea.

Well, yes, I think we know what the variables are used for, but that
doesn't explain why setting a new paper width would be necessary, as it
is done in the patch. Also, the portion around

    if ( nTextWidth > nThisColLogic )

introduced in the patch is very similar to the already existing one near
line 4741

    if ( nTextWidth < nThisColLogic )

that treats the aLogicEdit's nStartX, so I wonder whether it is
coincidence that these cases differ from the default path, or maybe
could be rewritten to generalize the behavior.

This especially because

    Rectangle aOutputArea = PixelToLogic( aEditRect, aEditMode );

is essentially the same as

    Rectangle aLogicEdit = PixelToLogic( aEditRect, aEditMode );

at line 4705 (line numbers as present in m236).

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412