Hi Daniel,

Daniel Rentz schrieb:

Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel schrieb:
[..]

But the next part, which I want to modularize, is the algoritm known as BASYM (Didonato/Morris algoritm 708). It is a part of about 90 lines. Unfortunately it needs the private functions
double ScInterpreter::GetUpRegIGamma( double fA, double fX )
and
double ScInterpreter::GetLogBeta(double fAlpha, double fBeta)

How to solve this? I know, if I would make it a private function of ScInterpreter too, I can access GetUpRegIGamma and GetLogBeta. But is that the structure you want? Are there other, better ways to get access to that functions?

Are ScInterpreter::GetUpRegIGamma() and ScInterpreter::GetLogBeta() static (A), can they be static (B), or do they actually use members or other non-static functions of ScInterpreter (C)?

(A) remove them from ScInterpreter and make them local functions.
(B) same as (A)
(C) it does not help, BASYM has to be a private member of ScInterpreter.

Non of the functions that do mathematical calculation is static and they call one another across the files. But as you might have noticed I'm a very beginner and cannot decide yet. I'll come back, when I have learned about "Static method".

kind regards
Regina