Hello Eike,

I did install OOo-dev m29 and this version is clearly more responsive. I opened the same files, SeaMonkey is active again, and the Internet is also on the point of continously crashing, so basically same conditions, but the Menu pop ups fast enough, and scrolling is also more fluent (processsor speed jumps up to 92%, but this is probably an MS Win2k issue). With WinAmp paused, it is quite OK.

Though I noticed something else: when a row is selected, the scrolling speed drops substantially. I cannot accurately quantify, but it is clearly visible (and I would say it is a couple of times lower).

So overall, I would say m29 is faster. If the previously failed install was the culprit, I have no idea. Even so, it seems a good idea to improve the speed even further. It bothers me that the row selection has such a dramatic effect.

Sincerely,

Leonard

Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi Leonard,